Friday, December 25, 2009

Our Story: The Proposal

The Proposal


We had discussed getting engaged the summer after graduation, so this proposal came as a huge surprise to the bride-to-be. It happened on the final night of my senior project. I had been directing You Can't Take it With You for the last two months and had been working with a wonderful cast and production crew. This was one of the best experiences of my entire life and it will always hold a special place in my heart. What better way to top it off than with a proposal?


Apparently, everyone knew about the proposal except for me. Word spread like wildfire, and it was a miracle that I didn't find out. While getting ready for closing night, I asked my roommates if directors are supposed to dress up on closing night, and they quickly responded with a yes. For that final performance, everyone was there- family, friends, crew, and audience.


During the show, news had been circulating backstage about the upcoming proposal. The cast and crew were on their toes and the show went off with exhilarating energy and without a hitch. I was thrilled. After the performance, the cast called me up onto the stage for what I thought was a thank you to the director. Little did I know, that when I turned around Dustin would be on one knee asking for my hand in marriage. Needless to say, I said yes.


This night was so special for both of us. It was absolutely perfect. We got engaged in the place where we met, surrounded by the people that we love most, and ironically...in the limelight.

1 comment:

  1. Just reading about it again makes me tear up and giggle. It was sooo perfect!

    ReplyDelete